FELLOWSHIP WITH US
MESSAGE: THE FAITHFULNESS OF GOD
MEMORY VERSES: DEUTORONOMY 7:9, HEBREWS 10:23 AND 2 TIMOTYH 2:13.
Can anyone name one unfaithfulness act of God? What has he said that has not come to fruition? The text of Joshua 23:14, validates the fact about God’s faithfulness. We must also bear in mind that “God’s faithfulness is not depended on man to take effect”-Evangelist Matthew Obasi. This is in line with the text of 2 Timothy 2:13.
Take for instance; did anyone foresee the covid-19 pandemic in order to prepare adequately for it? A deep reflection on how far God has taken us through the times and still assisting in cushioning the aftermath effect would reveal that it is all because of God’s faithfulness as stated in Deuteronomy 7:9.
Here are some of the ways God manifests his faithfulness:
- Through his word and promises: “God gives out himself whenever he speaks. Therefore, he cannot fail himself”-Evangelist Matthew Obasi. We need to connect to his word to access his faithfulness as affirmed in Hebrews 10:23 and established in Micah 5:2. In addition, “Your complaining cannot compel God”-Evangelist Matthew Obasi. Therefore, evaluating your relationship with God is required to partake of his promises.
- Through Divine supply and provisions: God’s faithfulness provides us with the needful; it prevents the shame of ‘begging for bread’ as seen in Psalm 37:25. Total reliance on his word, gives us access to his faithfulness, for divine sustenance, just as in the case of Elijah in 1 Kings 17:2-9. In the words of Evangelist Matthew Obasi, “God can never be handicapped in terms of providing for his children”, as affirmed in Philippians 4:19.
- Through diving guidance and direction: God is faithful in leading us aright – Psalm 37:23.
- In times of trials and temptation: God’s faithfulness ensures we are not tempted beyond our strength, he provides us a way of escapes as established in 1 Corinthians 10:13 and Daniel 3:17. In addition, as a mark of his faithfulness, he creates a way where there is none as seen in Isaiah 43:19 and guarantees divine restoration in all aspects of life.
God also desires a reciprocation of faithfulness. Therefore, here are some of the ways we ought to reciprocate our faithfulness to God:
- In our homes – spousal faithfulness in a marital union is expected in every aspect of life.
- In our vocation/business and careers – We ought to discharge our duties and responsibilities in accordance to Godly standard.
- Singles – They ought to wait on the Lord in absolute purity and holiness. Are you truly single or semi-single (co-habiting)?
- God’s vineyard workers- We ought to be committed to our team (ministry) duties, gatherings and general activities of the church and prayer group.
In conclusion, faithfulness is a two faced coin; we have to be faithful to God and to man (fellow human). Brethren, are you truly FAITHFUL?
Light of the World Catholic Charismatic Renewal of Nigeria, Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral
Area 3, Garki, Abuja
08035871892, 08035063397, 07030533717